Ipswich & Bury St Edmunds Railway 1845 - 1847


Incorporated on 21 July 1845 and opened from Haughley to Bury for goods on 30 November 1846, formally on 7 December and to passengers on Christmas Eve. The company had powers to lease or sell to the EUR and the two lines were worked as one from 1 January 1847, formally amalgamated on 9 July 1847.