Inverness & Aberdeen Junction Railway 1857 - 1865
- Moray, Scotland, United Kingdom
Authorized on 21st July 1856 as extension to the Inverness and Nairn Railway planned to await the GNSR at Elgin. It opened on 22nd December 1857. It took over the operation of the Inverness and NAirn Railway in 1857 absorbing it in 17th May 1861. It absorbed the Findhorn Railway in 1862 and merged with the Inverness and Perth Junction Railway on 1st February 1865 to become the Highland Railway.