Barrhead & Kilmarnock Joint Railway Glasgow 1869 - 1880
Created on 12 July 1869 to settle differences arising from rival Caledonian Railways and G&SWR routes to Kilmarnock after the CR had its own scheme authorised on 5 December 1865. Opened on 26 June 1873 with a branch to Beith. The company's responsibility was the Glasgow, Barrhead & Neilston Direct Railway, with the Kilmarnock extension. It was absorbed jointly by the companies on 2 August 1880.