Clarence & Hartlepool Junction Railway Great North of England 1837 - 1922
The Great North of England Clarence and Hartlepool Junction Railway Company was incorporated under act of 1837 . The line was leased to Hartlepool Dock and Railway Company and this latter company was leased to York, Newcastle and Berwick Railway Company for 31 years from 1st July 1848. The line was 6.5 miles long. Originally leased by NER. Made up part of the LNER after 1923.