Great Central Railway ship's bell, SS Dewsbury
Ship's Bell, brass, from Great Central Railway, inscribed "Dewsbury", from the Single-Screw steamship Dewsbury, allocated to the Hull-Zeebrugge service, rescue ship during World War II and transferred in 1946 to Harwich for the Antwerp service, built by Earl's Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd, Hull, 1910, withdrawn and broken up 1959.
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
View manifest in IIIF viewer
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.