Velocette LE200 motor cycle. The Velocette LE was introduced in 1949 with a 150 cc engine and launched as the ‘Motorcycle for Everyman’. The LE stood for Little Engine and was notably light and quiet. In 1951 the engine capacity increased to 192 cc and though the motorcycle still proved too expensive for mass consumption they were very popular with British police forces which gained the bike the nickname ‘the Noddy Bike’. This motorcycle is a 1955 version of the LE with a larger 200 cc engine. Production stopped in 1968 when the Velocette factory closed.
- Road Transport
- Object Number:
- Veloce Ltd.
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
View manifest in IIIF viewer
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.