Queen Victoria's pony bath chair, a one slope chair with a leather apron to cover the riders knees. It was drawn by a pony who was led by a footman for a slower, steadier ride. The Bath chair was originally designed by James Heeth c.1750 and thought to be named after the place of origin, or possibly because the design resembled a bath tube. This one belonged to Queen Victoria, built for an older and more fragile Queen who was finding it more difficult to get around. It was donated in 1936 by HM King Edward VIII with several other Victorian carriages.
- Road Transport
- Object Number:
- bath chair
- H.M. King Edward VIII
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
View manifest in IIIF viewer
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.