Four-wheeled electric tramcar built for the Glasgow Corporation tramways in 1901, complete with overhead conductor, and contemporary track (note: the tramcar has been renovated by the Glasgow Corporation Transport Department)
The tram was built in 1901 and is a double deck car with an open upper deck. It was electric powered, with the electricity used produced by the Glasgow tram corporation themselves. Tramcar No.585 ran on Glasgow’s streets for the last time in 1962 when the network closed. The people of Glasgow’s love for the tram network meant that Tramcar No.585 was waved off by 250,000 spectators who had gathered to see its final journey.