Arm for a long left below elbow stump. Soft leather socket with 'U-shaped' jointed side steels incorporating a sliding elbow lock, sited on the outer side and fitted to an adjustable leather upper arm 'corset' with wide front aperture. The terminal device has a spline fitting allowing it to be locked or to rotate freely. This is a double hook incorporating a circular hole above, probably for agricultural use. Probably made by Anderson & Whitelaw c.1914-1916.
Artificial arm was made for a left below-the-elbow amputee. The leather socket has a sliding lock which can fix the elbow in a number of positions. The arm terminates in a double blunt hook attachment which could be locked or allowed to rotate freely and was probably designed for agricultural use. Attributed to Anderson & Whitelaw of London, c.1914-1916.
- Object Number:
overall: 122 mm x 522 mm x 243 mm, .97 kg
- artificial arm
- furnishing and equipment
- tools & equipment
- artificial limb
- Richmond Twickenham and Roehampton Healthcare NHS Trust