Electrotype copy of a planispheric astrolabe by Gualterus (Walter) Arsenius, dated 1566, at the Museo Arqueologico Nacional in Madrid. The original formerly belonged to Philip II of Spain [see IC 3015]. Made by Elkington and Company after the original was displayed at the Special Loan Collection of Scientific Apparatus in the South Kensington Museum in 1876.
- Object Number:
diameter: 590 mm,
- furnishing and equipment
- measuring device - instrument
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.