Kriéger Electric Brougham made in 1904 by Compagnie Parisienne des Voitures Électriques (Precédé Kriéger ), serial number 381, at Courbevoie, Seine, France. This vehicle illustrates the form of electric brougham which had some populartiy as a town carriage during the first few years of the 20th century. The Krieger was propelled by two compound-wound, four pole Postel-Vinay electirc motors, each driving a front wheel independently through a simple pinion and fixed helical gear-wheel. The motors are supplied by twenty 193 ampere-hour calls, giving the car a range of about 50 miles on a full charge. The drum-type controller gives seven forward speeds without the use of resistances, and also provides coasting, regenerative, reverse and emergency braking positions. The all-up weight of this vehicle is about 2 tons and the maximum speed is 18-20 mph. Registration plate LC 19.