Eumig P8 8mm silent cine projector

Made:
1954-1968 in Vienna
maker:
Eumig
Eumig P8 8mm Cine Projector, 1954 Eumig P8 Automatic Novo 8mm cine projector, c.1962

Buy this image as a print 

Buy

License this image for commercial use at Science and Society Picture Library

License

Buy this image as a print 

Buy

License this image for commercial use at Science and Society Picture Library

License

Eumig P8 8mm Cine Projector, 1954
The Kodak Collection at the National Media Museum, Bradford
Science Museum Group Collection

Eumig P8 Automatic Novo 8mm cine projector, c.1962
The Kodak Collection at the National Media Museum, Bradford
Science Museum Group Collection

Eumig P8 cine projector for 8mm film, up to 400 foot capacity. Eumig Eupronar coated projection lens F: 20mm f/1.4. Two sprockets and claw drive. Electric motor, slider speed control. On-off switch. Framing control. 12 volt, 100 watt A1/186 lamp, single contact bayonet cap. Reflector condenser system. Two flat pin input socket. Mains voltage adjuster. Hand rewind. Spool arms fold away inside body. Serial no. 963761.

This was Eumig's most popular projector. Between 1954 and 1969, 1.3 million examples of this model were manufactured.

EUMIG was an Austrian company producing audio and video equipment that existed from 1919 until 1982. The name is an acronym for Elektrizitäts und Metallwaren Industrie Gesellschaft, or, the "Electricity and Metalware Industry Company."

Details

Category:
Cinematography
Collection:
Kodak Collection
Object Number:
1990-5036/3323
type:
cine projecctor
credit:
The Kodak Collection at the National Media Museum, Bradford