'U' series antenna aerial for FM radio receiver tuner unit for Collaro gramophone Hi Fi apparatus, by Jason Ltd., British, 1956
The Collaro Transcription Unit Model 4T 200 is a record player unit made by British manufacturer Collaro Limited in 1956. Founded in 1920 by Christopher Collaro in London, it moved to Barking, Essex in 1924. The company became well-known for one-piece spring motors for gramophones and later electric gramophone motors. After the war, they started producing record players and accessories under their brand. In 1960 the company was acquired by the American corporation Magnavox.
The Collaro Transcription Unit model 4T 200 was a four-speed magnetic turntable to be used with Hi-Fi apparatus. It had an enamel case and a rubberised mat.