Black and white photograph entitled 'At Alupka'. The photograph shows H. H. Prince Nikita Alexandrovitch and H. H. Princess Irina Alexandrovitch sitting on a wall in Vorontsov Palace grounds with an un-named woman between them. H. H. Prince Rostislav Alexandrovitch is standing next to the Princess looking over the wall towards the Black Sea. Prince Youssoupoff, on the left, and Prince Orbeliani both stand facing the group with their backs to the camera. Taken by Herbert Galloway Stewart in The Crimea, in August 1915.
From page 12 of snapshot album number 16 of the Russian Imperial Royal Family, compiled by Herbert Galloway Stewart (1866-1960).
The Vorontsov Palace, situated at the foot of the Crimean Mountains, is one of the oldest and largest palaces in The Crimea. Built between 1828 and 1848, it was the personal summer home of the Russian Prince Mikhail Semyonovich. It was designed by the British architect Edward Blore, who also completed the design for Buckingham Palace, and his assistant William Hunt.