Maudslay, Sons and Field Limited
Maudslay Sons & Field Ltd, mechanical and marine engineers and boilermakers
Maudslay Sons & Field Ltd originated in 1798 when Henry Maudslay founded Henry Maudslay and Co. Henry's Sons joined as well as Joshua Field so in 1822 Maudslay, Son and Field was founded. In 1831 Henry Maudslay died and his sons Thomas Henry Maudslay and Joseph Maudslay continued the business with Field, the company becoming Maudslay, Sons and Field in 1833.
In 1889 the company took limited status for the engineering business of Westminster Bridge Road. In 1894 the company built the 'Gigantic Wheel' at Earl's Court. The same year they
Walter H. Maudslay is chairman and managing director of the company in 1895 until his retirement in 1899. Field also retired, in 1898, just before the company was in financial trouble and closed down in 1900.
Their engine works site was located at Lambeth Marsh, London