Walter Tyler

industry:
Manufacturer,
Retailer
Nationality:
British

Manufacturer of magic lanterns, slides and accessories. Company established in 1876, based at 11 Charing Cross Road, London; 1894 moved to 94 Waterloo Road with showrooms at 48-50; incorporated as a private limited company in 1905; in 1909 they added Film House, Gerrard Street as premises where they began publishing new cinematograph film subjects; this was later formed into Tyler Film Co., Ltd.; in 1914, the company was registered as opticians and lantern manufacturers as well as proprietors of Tyler Apparatus Co. Ltd –manufacturers and dealers in electric theatre appliances.