Grimsby District Light Railway 1906 - 1912
The line was authorized on the 15 January 1906 and was built by the GCR. It opened to contractors from May 1906, but was not opened to the general public until January 3rd, 1910. The line ran between Grimsby and Immingham and had a triangular connection with Grimsby Street Tramways, at Victoria Street, and the Great Coates Branch at Pyewipe. The sservice began with steam railcars, but these were superceded by electric ones in 1912, when the LNER changed its name to Grimsby & Immingham Electric Railway.