Ilford Limited 1902 - 1990
- Ilford, Redbridge, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
Was originally called Britannia Works when it was founded in 1879 by Alfred Hugh Harman but they changed the name to Ilford Limited in 1902 after the town it was based in. Moved to Brentwood. In 1983, the UK headquarters was moved to Mobberley, Cheshire. In 1989, Ilford Limited was acquired by the US paper company Anitec. The two companies were merged in 1990 to become Ilford Anitec. In 2004 the company went into receivership. A management buyout took place and the company subsequently traded as Ilford Photo (to present 2010).