Tilbury & Southend Railway London 1854 - 1912
- England, United Kingdom
The LT&SR initially linked London's Fenchurch Street and Bishopsgate stations with Tilbury via Stratford, Barking and Grays. By 1856 the line had been extended to Southend. In 1858 a more direct route from Fenchurch Street to Barking via Plaistow and East Ham was opened and service from Bishopsgate was withdrawn. In 1912 the railway was bought by the Midland Railway from under the noses of Great Eastern Railway.