South Staffordshire Railway 1846 - 1867
- Staffordshire, England, United Kingdom
Formed on 6th October, 1846, by the combination of the Staffordshire Junction Railway & The Trent Valley, Midlands & Grand Junction Railways. Despite opening up 19 miles of track early in their history, the line was leased to the London & North Western Railway in February, 1861. On the 15th June, 1897, the South Staffordshire Railway Company was dissolved and the London & North Western Railway took over complete ownership.