located at the Sun Foundry, Dewsbury Road, Hunslet, Leeds, the firm made pumping engines for mines, water and sewage works, power stations etc.
1844 - Sun Foundry established by Charles Todd (who had been connected with the Railway Foundry). He manufactured 20 locomotives here up to 1858 when the works closed;
1858-1870 - foundry run by Carrett, Marshall & Co. who built locos and also pumping engines;
1872 - foundry taken over by Hugh Campbell, Alfred Davis and John Hathorn;
1873 - Henry Davey joined the foundry;
1880 - became Hathorn Davey & Co.
1901- incorporated as limited company
1934 - went into liquidation in October 1934.
1936 - Sulzer Pumps took over company
late 1970s - company closed the Sun Foundry and moved to new premises at Millshaw, Leeds