Henry Hughes and Son Limited 1828 - 1947
- London, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
1828 - Hughes and Sons were originally clock makers in the East End of London who later supplied sextants and chronometers to ships coming into the Thames. Partnership headed by Alexander Hughes, son of Henry Hughes (w.1835-79, d.1879). 1879-1941 - Traded at 59 Fenchurch St., London England. 1903 - Incorporated as a limited company. 1915 - Factory at Hainault, London. 1917 - Works at Forest Gate and Ilford, London, England. 1947 - merged with Kelvin Bottomley & Baird Ltd. to become Kelvin & Hughes Limited.