Hull & Barnsley Railway 1885 - 1922
Began life in 1885 with the first sectioin of track working on Alexandra Dock, Kingston upon Hull and was amalgamated into the London and North Eastern Railway in the 1923 grouping after its 1922 merger with the North Eastern Railway .
It was incorporated as the Hull, Barnsley and West Riding Junction Railway and Dock Company in 1879. The main line ran from Hull to Cudworth. Changed name on 30 June 1905 and joined the NER with effect from 1 April 1922 as a prelude to Grouping.