Lancashire & Cheshire Junction Railway Birkenhead 1846 - 1859
- Birkenhead, Wirral, Merseyside, England, United Kingdom
The Birkenhead, Lancashire & Cheshire Junction Railway was incorporated on 26 June, 1846. Soon after, the company absorbed the Chester and Birkenhead Railway and eventually opened its first line, the Chester West loop, on the 1st August 1848. On the 1st August, 1859, the company became the Birkenhead Railway.