Metal sub-unit containing valves and other electronic components mounted as presentation souvenir from LEO II, made by the English Electric Company, British, 1958.
Only thirteen LEO II computers were manufactured between 1957 and 1963, after which they were superseded by the LEO III. This LEO II was used as the wages computer at Stewarts and Lloyds Steelworks in Corby, and was presented to a former employee when the computer was taken out of service and broken down.
- Computing & Data Processing
- Object Number:
- aluminium (metal), electronic components, glass, plastic (unidentified) and steel (metal)
overall: 310 mm x 760 mm x 270 mm, 8.33kg
- electron tube
- component - object
- Donated by Mrs J. Rocky