Steam locomotive, Midland Railway, 4-2-2 No 673, Midland Spinner, designed by S.W. Johnson, built at Derby in March 1897, withdrawn in 1923.
In the late Victorian era, the Midland Railway was noted for its single-driver express locomotives, nicknamed “Spinners”. No. 673 is one of a class of ninety-six locomotives built between 1887 and 1900. It originally carried the number 118 and was withdrawn in 1928. It has been restored to its pre-First World War condition and appeared in steam at the Rocket 150 celebrations.