Williamson Cinematograph Camera

Made:
c. 1910 in England
maker:
Williamson Kinematograph Company Limited
Williamson 35mm Cine Camera Williamson 35mm Cine Camera.  Manufactured by The Williamson Kinematograph Co. Ltd., London and Brighton. 'English Williamson 35mm Cine Camera

Buy this image as a print 

Buy

License this image for commercial use at Science and Society Picture Library

License

Buy this image as a print 

Buy

License this image for commercial use at Science and Society Picture Library

License

Buy this image as a print 

Buy

License this image for commercial use at Science and Society Picture Library

License

Williamson 35mm Cine Camera
The Kodak Collection at the National Media Museum, Bradford
Science Museum Group Collection

Williamson 35mm Cine Camera. Manufactured by The Williamson Kinematograph Co. Ltd., London and Brighton. 'English
The Kodak Collection at the National Media Museum, Bradford
Science Museum Group Collection

Williamson 35mm Cine Camera
The Kodak Collection at the National Media Museum, Bradford
Science Museum Group Collection

Williamson cinematograph camera. Manufactured by The Williamson Kinematograph Co. Ltd., London and Brighton. 'English Pattern' upright cine camera for 35mm film in internal 300 foot magazines. Zeiss Tessar lens F:5cm f/3.5, Serial No 116208; fixed sector shutter; claw mechanism, two continuous sprockets. Helical focusing mount. Critical focusing through rear of gate; Vinten matte celluloid focusing screen and circle and binocular mattes in clip inside door. Footage counter (pointer missing) shoe fitting for viewfinder; carrying strap broken. Hand turned; single frame shaft. (Handle inside).A Vinten matte celluloid focusing screen (and circular and binocular mattes) are in the clip inside the door.

Cinematograph 35mm cine camera, made by Williamson Kinematograph Company Limited in England, c. 1910.

This is a characteristic British 'upright' pattern hand-cranked cine camera for 35mm film contained in 300ft magazines inside the camera, with a Zeiss Tessar lens. James Williamson was primarily a filmmaker, until 1910 when his company moved from Sussex to London and began to concentrate on manufacturing cameras and printers.

Details

Category:
Cinematography
Collection:
Kodak Collection
Object Number:
1990-5036/7209
Materials:
bone, brass (copper, zinc alloy), celluloid (cellulose), leather, steel (metal) and wood (unidentified)
type:
cinematograph
credit:
The Kodak Collection at the National Media Museum, Bradford