Carton of aspirin perles, by Warrick Brothers, Ltd., London
Aspirin has traditionally been taken to relieve pain and fevers and can be bought at chemists and some ordinary shops. The makers of these tablets or ‘perles’, Warrick Bros Ltd, advertised their product as tasteless and easily swallowed. Aspirin was first introduced in 1896 by the German pharmaceutical manufacturer Bayer after being discovered by one of their researchers, chemist Felix Hoffmann (1868-1946).
- Materia Medica & Pharmacology
- Object Number:
- furnishing and equipment
- container - receptacle
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.